Furniture Care Tips
Preserve the beauty of your furniture. Please remember to:
• Keep Furniture Away from Direct Sunlight to Avoid Heat Damage and Wood Bleaching
• Keep Furniture Away from Heating and Air Conditioning Sources to Prevent the Loss of Wood Moisture
• Place Lamps, Ashtrays, and other Accessories on Felt with Adhesive Backing to Prevent Them from Scratching and Gouging Wood
• Use Placemats and Hot Pads When Serving Hot Food
• Put House Plants In Drip-Proof Pots, and Make Sure Foliage Does Not Touch Furniture Surfaces to Prevent Moisture Damage
• Use Coasters under Both Hot and Cold Drinks
• Do Not Place Synthetic Rubber or Plastic Items, Such as Radios, Phones, and Computers, Directly on Wood to Avoid Changing the Chemical Composition of the Wood Finish
• Do Not Leave Newspapers or Magazines Lying on Wood to Prevent Ink Bleeding
• Do Not Use Nail Polish Remover or other Harsh Household Products near Wooden Furniture to Avoid Possible Damage from Spills or Splashes
• Rotate the Placement of Accessories on Wooden Furniture Surfaces and Change the Placement of Wooden Furniture Occasionally to Redistribute Wear Patterns
Dust your furniture with a slightly damp lint-free cloth and use Endust® polish. This prevents dust from scratching the wood finish. Do this more frequently in the summer when windows are open or when dust-causing work, such as carpentry, is being done inside your home.
Four times a year, apply water-emulsified furniture polish, such as Guardsman® or Oz® polish, to eliminate oil-based dirt as well as water-soluble dirt, like food particles. Make sure to buff off excess polish with a dry rag afterwards to avoid wax buildup.